BYE – LAWS OF THE STATE MEDICINAL PLANTS BOARD ORISSA :
The name of the society will be the State Medicinal Plants Board, Orissa. The Bye-laws shall be called "The Bye-Laws of the State Medicinal Plants Board, Orissa The society State Medicinal Plants Board, Orissa shall be an autonomous, non-profit making and charitable institution registered under the Societies of Registration Act, 1860 for the interest of the people of Orissa.Area of Operation/ Jurisdiction is whole state of Orissa.The headquarters of the Society is at Bhubaneswar.
In these Bye-Laws unless the context requires otherwise :
1. "President" means the President of the Society;
2. "Governing Body" means the Body constituted under clause -7;
3. "Executive Body" means the Executive Body constituted under clause-9;
4. "Chairman" means the Chairman of the Executive Body of the society;
5. "Government" means, unless otherwise specifically mentioned, the State Government of Orissa;
6. "CEO" means the Chief Executive Officer of the Board/ society;
We will provide a platform for different stake holders such as primary collectors,traders,exporters,ayurvedic Pharmacies,manufacturers and consumers for interaction. It will facilitate a linkage between the primary collectors and small traders with big Manufacturers and exporters. It will also show case different herbal products and raw herbs produced in the state by Traditional Healers and Ayurvedic Pharmacies which will lead to development of state level brand for certain selected products. This initiative is likely to increase the livelihood option of primary collectorsof forest fringe village through promotion of trade and value addition activities.